Wall sized mirrors are very eye catching, easy to clean and stylish. With the correct preparation and equipment, you can install your own wall-sized mirror. Once your bespoke custom mirror arrives from Seaton Glass, you just need to do a few things to get started.
First, carefully unboxed your mirror from the packaging in the room where you want to install it. We make sure your mirror arrives complete as we provide specializing packaging. Once you have unboxed all your materials, you are ready to prepare the walls for installation.
1. Have a helper— if possible someone who is around 5.5 feet tall — stand 5 to 6 feet away from the mirror. Move the mirror up or down until the helper sees his full image in the mirror.
2. Place a tool-level on the top of the mirror and adjust it until its level. Draw a line with pencil along the top edge.
3. Measure 2 inches down from each top corner and make a mark. Mark 2 inches from each top corner moving the upper edge of the mirror. Until you have a total of eight marks repeat this process on each bottom corner of the mirror.
4. Hold the mirror in place while your helper positions a plastic clip over the mark on the bottom right hand corner of the wall. Push the flat side of the clip — so the bottom edge of the mirror rests on the ledge of the clip — quickly up against the bottom edge of the mirror and mark where the screw hole connects with the wall. Repeat this process on the other seven marks you made around the mirror.
5. Adjust the mirror away and drill small diameter test holes through the wall into the studs at each pencil mark.
6. Position the mirror on the wall and while you hold it securely have the helper attach each plastic clip with a screwdriver into the test holes until all eight clips are installed. Use the screws provided with the plastic clips.
7. Make sure that the mirror is securely fit to the wall by taking one side in each hand and gently trying to move it.
Things You Will Need To Fit the Mirror
- Carpenters level
- Measure tape
- Plastic mirror clips
- Electric drill Machine
- Screw driver
When your helper is not 5.5 feet tall, ask him to stand on a solid thing that raises him at that height. You can measure him to give him an idea of the degree he will need to bend his knees to do so. Make sure that he knows to include the object he steps up onto as part of his reflection in the mirror.
Mirror adhesives are also used to fit mirrors to walls. When done correctly the mirror is permanently fitted to the wall. Both the wall and the mirror are subject to damage when the mirror is removed.
To install Mirrors in Adelaide visit our showroom or call us @83412355