“Houses are like people- some you like and some you don’t like-and once in a while there is one you love”
-Lucy Maud Montgomery
Tiny houses or apartments are cozy and tempting for a lot of us these days. But when it comes to managing the space in tiny homes, it could be more of a challenge. Worry not, here are a few hacks we have noted that could help you organize the space while making the home more presentable.
1. Storage– Simple tricks like putting away storage ottomans underneath the stairs or hiding it under the bed could save up space and are more practical to use.
2. Shelves– Adding shelves in tiny space can make the area look more stylish and can help in storage as well. Shelves installed over doors make the room appear bigger. You can also be creative as to what goes on the display of the shelves.
3. Loft Bed– This idea has been around for quite a bit now. I believe it could be the best solution to use up space when you have children or teenagers in the house. Installing lofted beds could free up space for you to add a desk, or even one more bed on the floor, at the same time making a personalized spot for the kids in the house.
4. Folding furniture– Folding sofa or folding table/chair are more convenient as it doesn’t take up space and can be put to use when required. In fact the storage of folding furniture is minimal too.
5. Mirrors– Mirrors of various shapes are one of the most commonly items in tiny houses which create an illusion of space. It looks stylish and also solves the purpose of making the room look bigger.
6. Subtle Colours– Painting the walls with white color or any subtle tone would make the room look larger and inviting. You can add your favorite bright color to a section of wall to make a contrast in the room and bring more life to it.
7. Lighting– Letting natural light in the house through large windows and skylights will make the space feel larger. It could also help you save on the energy consumption and provide a better view of the outdoors.
8. Kitchen– Kitchen is usually a reflection of your personal style and hygiene, which is why you should put your food mixer or the baking trays away once you are done using it. There are nooks and crannies in the kitchen which can be utilized as additional storage.
To get more tips on how to manage your space in offices or homes, get in touch with the experts.